Logistic support and maintenance centers are equipped with test and control equipment required to troubleshoot and repair failures in aircraft and helicopter onboard equipment.
Basic objectives of the center:
- Prompt repair of failed assemblies, units, aircraft (helicopter) components;
- Technical diagnostics of aircraft/helicopter frame units and onboard equipment; elaboration of modification recommendations in order to increase reliability and life of the equipment;
- Individual analysis of operation conditions for each aircraft (helicopter) and elaboration of improvement and operation cost reduction measures;
- Practical consulting personnel of military units (operators) in aircraft operation and troubleshooting;
- Recovery of the aircraft damaged in operation;
- Prospectively – labor intensive forms of technical and scheduled maintenance on various types of aircraft.
Basic configuration of the center includes:
- Building of the center;
- Idle run site equipped with tie-down equipment;
- Aircraft and helicopters parking ramp;
- Auxiliary premises.
Building of the center is equipped with:
- 27V, 115V, 220V, 380V power supply;
- Low pressure compressed air supply system;
- Air conditioning system;
- Fire alarm system;
- Overhead crane.
Production facilities of the center are equipped with:
- Appropriate equipment, test and control instrumentation, tools and aaccessories;
- Technical documentation;
- Training manuals and posters.
The Center houses:
- Airframe and engine operations areas;
- Aviation equipment, avionics and air weapons laboratories;
- Auxiliary facilities for maintenance of aircraft units and assemblies;
- Technical classrooms;
- Utility and auxillary premises.